Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Things I Learn from Facebook

I'm not sure about you, but I've realized that I learn a lot of things from Facebook.  And I thought I'd share some of them with you tonight.  Also, I would like to half apologize for slacking on the blog for the past few days.  It's been busy and I just haven't taken the time to keep up with it.  And I'm only half sorry because in the whole scheme of life, it's really not that big of a deal.  

Moving along...  A few things I learn from Facebook include just how adorable my new nephew is.  My Mom posted this picture today and it was so sweet to see his adorable face.  Photo credit goes to my older sister Leslie and Cute Baby credit goes to my younger sister Sarah.  Well done, both of you!


I also learn about games that my friends are playing.  I'm not sure why Facebook thinks that I need to know this, but nevertheless there it is.


I also actually learn a lot of different health things.  Sometimes I don't read them, because in all reality, I'm not sure that I really want to know if the things that I like to eat are bad for me.  But sometimes I do read them and I learn a lot.  Last week, I read this huge post about Aspartame, and I'm pretty sure that it's the worst.  This poor woman had all kinds of horrible health issues, and turns out, it was just Aspartame poisoning from the Diet Coke that she was drinking.  


Being a huge fan of good deals, I learn about all sorts of free things that you can get.  This one was pretty funny, but hey, free bacon is free bacon.  Ron Swanson would be pretty excited about it.


I also get all my sports updates from the posts that my amazing husband puts up on Facebook.  It's good to be in the loop of what's going on in the sports world, especially when you're married to Jeremy Herr.


Facebook also is fantastic for businesses and getting the word out about amazing designers, including my awesome brother in law who designs the coolest t-shirts.  


Facebook also is quite diligent about keeping me informed about important days.  For instance, my beautiful sister in law's birthday was on Sunday.  And for the record, even though I was reminded about it on Facebook, I forgot to write on her wall.  So I thought I'd take a minute to send her birthday wishes here (because I know that she checks in from time to time).

Heather Herr.  You are amazing and beautiful and wonderful.  I hope that you had the most awesome birthday, because out of all the people in the world, you totally deserve it.  I hope it included lots of love, fun food and good cake.  Even though our times together are limited by the fact that we live hundreds of miles away from each other, please know that I love you and think that you are the best!  Happy, Happy Birthday (a few days late)! 


Finally, I actually learn all sorts of weather and news information from Facebook.  Honestly, I learned that we were getting a Hurricane last year and also about our Blizzard this year from posts that people put up.  It could be because we really don't watch the news, so I'm thankful for Facebook and the fact that it keeps me current.  It's also amusing to read some of the shenanigans that happen in our world as well.


I definitely learn other things from Facebook as well.  I'm personally a huge fan of the inspirational and faith based posts.  My cousin Amy is super diligent about sharing these and I know that I personally am always encouraged by her posts.



There are definitely a lot of negative things that can come from Facebook, but for me, I totally learn a lot and I appreciate the positive things that come out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment