Friday, September 2, 2011

Works Just Fine

As much as I love my big, beautiful Canon DSLRs (and I do), 
sometimes my camera cell phone works just fine.  

It worked just fine today, when a last minute phone call beckoned us out to our favorite beach.  Did I mention that this summer, I had an amazing friend who would peer pressure me into coming out to the ocean?  It was, by far, the best possible peer pressure that a person could ever want to be a part of.  With summer winding down, and fall fast approaching, I realize how thankful I am that I took her up on so many of her offers.  We Herrs certainly got our share of Vitamin D this summer, and are most likely better for it.

Back to today...

Hurricane Irene left us some beautiful purple sand and some amazing waves for boogie boarding.  C is developing quite the love for the ocean and boogie boarding, and he spent the good part of the afternoon riding the waves in on his board.


Ellee enjoys the ocean, but is a bit less adventurous than her brother.  She brought her "Darbie" (the name she affectionately calls any Barbie-ish looking doll) and kept busy by finding different places to bury her.


Today was fun, but a little bittersweet.  Soon, our summer beach days will turn into brisk, fall days.  Beach play dates will relocate to park playgrounds, swim suits will be exchanged for jeans and sweaters.  As much as I love fall, a part of me will be sad to say goodbye to this summer.  It's been a great one, full of sun, fun and lots of time with friends.  

And as much as I love a great posed, non-squinting picture, with only beautiful beach in the background,  This one, taken on my cell phone, and with one of our best buddies, as a tribute to our great summer...
Works just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment