Friday, May 20, 2011

End of the World Thoughts and Such...

Funny thing is, I hadn't really heard that people were worried about the end of the world till today.  Thankfully, when things like this come up, I usually just go to Mark 13:32, where the Bible tells us that "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  As I believe the Bible to be true, my guess is that tomorrow is a very unlikely day to be the end.  

That being said, I talked to a few people today about the idea of the end of the world.  Shared discussions on what it would mean for tomorrow to be the end.  It brought up lots of questions as to what's really important in this life.  All in all, pretty good things to think about every day, in my opinion.  Would I be living my life differently if I knew the end was near?  Would things that seem so important become less, in view of an end?  

For me, I have good assurance of knowing where I'll be when the world does end, or when my time here is done.  My goal is definitely to live knowing that there are no guarantees as to how much time I have here, and to make the most of my life and use my talents and abilities to glorify my Savior Jesus Christ. 

Sometimes it's good to have opportunities to think through these things...

Besides that, just wanted to share a few pictures that I took of an amazing girl who will be making her first communion on Sunday.    




A few other things, I'm still running my $20 Gift Certificate Giveaway (through Saturday at midnight) here- Making Scents of it All... and I personally think that everyone should enter, because it's an amazing opportunity for a great gift.  I have my candles setting on my table, and they seriously make the whole room smell delicious!  Nikki is an incredibly talented artist, and I'm so proud to share this opportunity.  All you have to do is check out her etsy page here- Nikki Makes Scents, and leave a comment under that blog entry, with a product you'd like to try.  





1 comment:

  1. How true! No one knows but it is a good reminder, whether because of the end of the world or another reason, we won't be here forever.

    I entered the giveaway too! What a great shop you have featured and great photos! I love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete