Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesdays

Lately, our Tuesdays are all kind of looking the same.  After we walk the kids over to school, Jer and I head up to East Setauket for his weekly ankle appointment.  We sit in the waiting room with everyone all the while wondering why they are there, and how long it might be before Jer can get a cool walking boot like the others that we see sporting theirs.  

When we are called to the room, this awesome woman comes in to cut off Jer's cast.    


She uses this crazy saw-looking thing and I finally asked her this week how she knows how deep to cut only the cast and not Jer's leg.


She told me that even though the tool looks like a saw, it doesn't rotate, it only vibrates back and forth and the vibrations are what cuts through the cast, but won't hurt the person.  I thought that was good information to pass on, in case you find yourself in a cast someday.  


After she cuts the cast off, she carefully unwraps all the bandaging and we finally get to see the week's progress.  


I would post a picture, but I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't want to see the graphic details of the current state of my husband's ankle.  Take my word for it... it's definitely getting better :)

On a very good note, everything continues to look good and is healing the way that it needs too.  Jer actually got his stitches taken out today, so that was more progress that we are happy about.  For the past few weeks, we've been meeting with Jacquie, Dr. Gamez's PA.  She is so amazing and awesome and we are really thankful for her and the great work that she is doing.  Once she checked everything out, she re-casted Jer's ankle and we were good to go.  He's sporting pink this week, as per Ellee's request.  Christian picked out last week's color and so it was her turn and her Daddy graciously obliged.    


After the appointment, we drove over to Chipotle, because it's just what we do.  In our minds, we figure we're closer than usual, and it really makes Tuesdays fun because goodness knows, we love that place.  We sit in the car and listen to Colin Cowherd talk about sports, and it's just good.  Good to be together and good to eat great food.

After Chipotle, we came home.  Jer went to the church to work, and I went to Rite Aid.  I got four boxes of Band-Aids, three tubes of Neosporin and two containers of really good almonds.  I saved $49.25 and paid .26 cents for all of it.  And then I got $6.00 back to spend next time.  It was pretty fun.  


Tonight, Jer headed into the city to see our friend's son play volleyball for his college.  When the kids got home from Bible Club, we headed out to the gym.  I worked super hard tonight at the Boot Camp class, and I'm pretty proud of myself.  The gym has been so good for my health and for my anxiety and it's just such a cleansing process to go and work out.  I've met some pretty awesome people there and I am really thankful to be able to spend time there each week.  

So that is what our Tuesdays are looking like.  They are pretty awesome days, in my opinion.  Hope you all are enjoying yours as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment