Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hair Cutting Dance

Christian's slowly but surely been growing his hair out this winter.  Partly, because he says it keeps his head warmer when it's cold outside, and partly because we just haven't cut it.  Till today, that is.


After a smidgen of a bribe from Mom, we were good to go.  I've done this hair-cutting dance with Christian since he was little.  Shorter hair was always easier because we could just use hair clippers at home.  As he got older, a wonderful friend of mine would come and cut his hair occasionally.  I also took him to the Barber Shop right down the road a few times, just because it was a bit easier and he didn't complain as much when the stylist cut his hair.  It only cost $12 but I realized that these haircuts would  definitely add up over time.  For instance, if I took him two times a month (to maintain a short haircut), it would cost $288 over the course of a year.


I like saving money.  Especially on things that I can do just as easily at home.  So, little by little, I trimmed up Christian's hair.  He sat nicely because I gave him a treat, and we had a nice conversation about the little things in life as well.  


After I finished, I used a trick that I learned years back, when I would watch my friend's Mom cut his hair.  After she was finished, she would use a bit of baby powder to help brush off the bits of hair that stick to his neck.  It works like a charm and has been the trick that we've used over the years as well.


The finished product, was a happy and clean cut eight year old.  


It was nice to see Christian with short hair again and he was pretty happy with the outcome as well.  


Ellee graciously volunteered to be on clean up duty after we were done.  There was a good pile of hair to sweep up and she did a fantastic job.  


After she finished, they both spent some time outside riding bikes.  And yes, Ellee rocked the bike riding in a dress, with two different colors of socks and with her cleats on.  Gotta love that girl and her fun fashion sense.  It was a bit chilly, but they didn't seem to mind and I figured the fresh air would be good for them.  


The rest of the day was spent cleaning up a bit and getting ready for tonight's events.  We have our Bible Study group at 7:00pm and then our College and Career Group at 8:30pm.  Thanks for stopping by to read about our day and hope you have a wonderful night as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment