Saturday, March 2, 2013

Part of the Game

I love watching old video clips of our kids.  Because even though the videos are only a few years old, it's amazing to see how much Christian and Ellee have grown.  Even more so, it's fun to see where they were and how far they've come in the past years.  

That being said, I wanted to share a video that I came across the other day.  




It's awesome for a few reasons.  First off, granted, I'm pretty biased, but our kids were just so cute.  Secondly, it's funny how the video still show their personalities.  Christian still likes to take control, and Ellee still cries pretty easily.  I have to say though, I love what Jer says to Ellee at the end.  As she's crying, apparently heartbroken over her brother tagging her out, her Daddy firmly, but lovingly states that it's all just "part of the game."  

And isn't that true in life at times?  Sometimes things come up, unexpectedly or unfairly (or even fairly, as is the case in the video).  And we cry out, because we're upset, heartbroken, or just taken aback by the situation.  But in all reality, it's just part of the game.  We're going to have our wins and our loses.  We're going to have our good days and our bad ones.  We're going to experience, the amazing times, and the tough times.  But in this life, it's all part of the game.  We'll seek our comfort, and slowly, but surely the tears will stop.  And we'll realize that it's all eventually going to be okay.

If you're experiencing a "part of the game" today that is tough, heartbreaking or just takes you by surprise, just know that eventually, it will all work out.  For me, my faith affirms this even more.  I know that God works all things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).  I also know that God knows the plans that He has for me (Jeremiah 29:11) and that they bring hope and a future and that and no matter what comes my way, it's all a part of the game and will all work out for His good and His glory in the end.   


No comments:

Post a Comment