Friday, September 23, 2011

Bring the Rain

It's raining.  It has been on and off all week.


Whereas I'm personally a fan of the sun, and miss it after enjoying it so much this summer, I know that the rain is good too.  It reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Mercy Me, "Bring the Rain."  


My favorite part of the song says this:

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus bring the rain


Often times, we tend to dread the bad times... the rainy days of our lives... I know that I do.  In all honesty though, we have to take the good with the bad.  We have to shift our perspective to know that God can work good out of any situation, and the difficulties of life will open the door for God to work and for us to bring Him glory.


Life is not easy.  There may be days, or weeks, or months of "rainy" times.  But it's in these times that I know that I can rely on an amazing God who loves me, who knows me and who will help me through any difficulties that may come my way.


And whereas I may not yet be bold enough to say, "Bring the rain," I do know that when it comes, I will not be alone.  I am not without hope.  And I know that God can work his goodness through it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment