Saturday, February 16, 2013

Better



Today was better.  I slept in forever and got about half of the laundry done.  I also had the chance to go through a few pictures from youth group on Thursday.

We played a few Valentine's Day related games.




They were pretty fun.


As evidenced by these pictures of people having fun.  


Ellee had a great time passing out chocolates to all of her friends.  


And Christian hung out, somewhat patiently waiting to play Valentine's Day one-ball dodge ball (as evidenced by the red ball).  


Dodge ball was good.  


It always is.  It's pretty amazing the fun times that are had playing dodgeball in the church basement.


Jer also had fun watching on the sidelines.  Granted, he would love to be in there playing.  But those times will come.


Yes, Thursday night at Youth Group was awesome.  Being around our amazing students and leaders was a pretty great way to spend Valentine's day.  We continued our series on "Staying in Love," and talked about valuing others above ourselves when it comes to relationships.  I have to say that I really enjoy teaching at youth group.  I also have to say that I'll be really happy when Jer is feeling better and up for teaching again too.

Speaking of my amazing husband, we had a nice Valentine's day together too.  We got lunch at our favorite seafood place, and shared crab cakes and good conversations.  He also sent me a delicious treat in the mail.  I was pretty excited, because I have seen ads for Shari's Berries, and have always wanted to try them.


They were pretty amazing.  And there was something about the combination of fruit and chocolate where I didn't feel totally guilty for really enjoying them, because I'm positive that there were some healthy aspects to them as well.


Yes, today was a good one.  I'm thankful for days where you get to play catch up.  Ellee and C also enjoyed a little time outside.  A light dusting of snow beckoned them out and they had a blast playing in the remnants of our big snow storm from last week.  Hope you all enjoyed a nice relaxing Saturday as well!    


No comments:

Post a Comment