Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear Kate

On Sunday, we celebrated the birthday of our dear friend Kate.


Her original party was postponed by the blizzard last week.  Thankfully yesterday's weather was perfect for a fun get together with friends.  


The big kids enjoyed a classic game of Spoons...


While the littler ones played upstairs with the dollhouse.


Goodness, I think I'll remember her at this age forever.  She is just so sweet these days, but learning and growing and loving.  It's so precious to see.


Back to Spoons.  These were the three that lasted the longest.  I'm not positive, but I think that the birthday girl was the winner.


After games, we paused for some dessert.


We took a quick family picture,


And then prepared for the big moment.


While the kids waited patiently


I grabbed a few quick shots.


Then we sang and watched our beautiful, now nine year old friend make a wish and blow out her candles.  It was a purposeful and strong candle blowout, something that must come with another blessed year of living.  Well done Kate!


Afterwards, there were more pictures.


Because my goodness, these friends are just so wonderful.


The cupcakes also got their shot.


It was a wonderful afternoon.


I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday than time with dear friends...


And a few rousing rounds of Just Dance.


Side note:  I love watching my kids play Just Dance.  They come out with some pretty great moves.  Thanks so much to our dear Kate for a wonderful day of celebration!


Now for a quick update on this handsome guy.  He is doing well, and his cast got looser this week, which I think is a good sign that the swelling is going down.  That, or his foot is shrinking.  He preached in church yesterday and did a fantastic job.  His biggest challenge is learning how to slow down a bit and rest, but thankfully everything else is going quite well.  Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment