Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Build a Bridge...

Tonight I built a bridge.  It was symbolic.  In case I've never mentioned, we have a son who is extremely strong-willed (we are pretty sure that someday he will use it for absolute greatness, but in the mean time, it can be challenging and we're working on it).  With his strong-will has come this intense desire at times, to control the environment around him.  However, we've been trying to teach Christian that there are things in life that we can't control.   And so, our new saying is to "build a bridge and get over it."  But as much as I'm working to teach him, I'm realizing that I need to apply this concept in my life as well.  There are so many things that hold me back, that bug me, things that I wish I could control, but I can't.  And I'm realizing that with many of these, I need to build a bridge and get over them.    


Gotta love a little life lesson that you learn while trying to teach your child a life lesson.  I think I'm ready to move forward with building bridges and getting over things.  And I'm pretty sure it's going to bring me to a much better, much more productive place.  Good things.  Oh, and the picture below wasn't so much a bridge, but this amazing tower that Christian built a few weeks ago.  I thought I'd post a picture, because it was much cooler than mine.  


Speaking of Christian, he and Ellee decided to form a band tonight.  It looked something a bit like this.  


Christian was the drummer


And Ellee was the "lip-singer."  Tonight, while they were practicing I overhead Christian encouraging Ellee to "Show more expression!"


So she did.


And it looked like this.


After a mini-concert of "The Final Countdown," "Eye of the Tiger" and "Written in the Stars," Christian broke out his awesome dance moves.  


I'm pretty sure that their new band shows great promise.  And if nothing else, it's been a good way for them to bond and have fun during winter break.  Bridges and bands...  just two awesome things that I embraced today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment