Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kids Club :)

This afternoon at Kids Club, my dear friend Emily stopped in and totally made my day.  Emily helped out last semester, but had a conflict with a class this semester, so we have missed seeing her beautiful face.  


Speaking of beautiful faces, I caught a quick picture of this one.  She decided to sit out during game time, and I decided that it was okay, because even though life is good and fun, sometimes we just need to sit out and take it all in.  


After our game, we did crafts.  I picked up what I thought was an "easy" project at Michaels today, and it turned out to be a bit more challenging than I had thought.  Thankfully, I had wonderful leaders helping and we figured it all out.


There's our sweet Ellee girl.  My goodness, she is getting big.


Back to the craft.  It was a heart project, because we talked about love today.  


I can't think of anything greater to share with these precious kids than the fact that God loves them so much.  It's a great privilege and honor and I love being able to tell them each week that they are special and loved.


After craft, we had some delicious cupcakes baked by one of the most wonderful women in our church.  The kids enjoyed them quite a lot, as you can see.  


This buddy told me that it was okay that he had frosting on his nose, because he was saving some for later.


Christian stopped by just in time to help out with the cupcakes.  On Wednesdays, he has "Math Club" after school, because he is awesome and smart like that.  We miss having him help out at Kids Club, but Jer and I are super proud of him for picking Math Club over Dodgeball Club and loving it. 


It was a delicious afternoon.


It's hard to believe that we are almost done with Kids Club for the year.  The kids are off from school next week for winter break and then we only have three more weeks left.  As much as I will miss seeing these precious faces, I think it will be a good time to end another great year of this ministry.


No comments:

Post a Comment