Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursdays Thoughts

I spent most of the morning preparing for tonight's youth group lesson.  We've been dong a dating series, and tonight we talked about how important our heart is in any relationship, and how we need to monitor our hearts.  That being said, I also spent a good portion of the morning making little plastic woven hearts out of straws.  I watched a Youtube video on how to make straw hearts, and thought it was cute and then proceeded to make 75 of them.  I thought it would be a cool take-home reminder for the kids on how important their hearts are.  And it would have been, had I remembered to actually bring them tonight. Sigh.  

Speaking of tonight, before youth group, my awesome friend Olivia joined me at the gym for my Cross Training class.  I love the gym, and I love the classes that I take and it was so awesome to be able to share that with a friend.  I'm pretty sure she had as much fun as I did, and hopefully we will get to take more classes together soon.  

Youth group went well, and it was so good to see all of the amazing students and leaders that come each week.  We love them so, so much.

After Youth Group, we headed home, put the kids to bed and then enjoyed our favorite Crock Pot meal.  Goodness, I love the crock pot.  A little preparation in the morning, and we get to come home, to a hot and delicious meal that just cooked itself all day.  God bless whomever invented this little piece of awesomeness.

Finally, I just have to give a shout out to our new favorite show to watch (when our usual favorite shows aren't on).  Lately, we've just been enjoying the Discovery Channel show "Storm Chasers."  I mean, who knew there could even be a show that would make you root for tornadoes and think that
meteorology is really cool?  I am learning so much from this show.  For instance, wall clouds and
baseball sized hail often proceed a tornado.  So, chances are, if you see either, you should run for cover.  Also, I never want to live in Nebraska or Kansas, as these states and their neighbors seem to get quite a lot of tornado action.  Finally, Reed Timmer, the primary storm chaser, is both crazy and cool at the same time.  He makes you root for tornadoes and seeing someone so passionate about their work is quite inspiring.

So there you have it... Thursdays thoughts.  They would have been accompanied by pictures, but I wasn't able to break out the camera today, so just words will have to do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment